Saturday

Report from Greg Hochstette

I just returned from a fishing trip to Taltson Bay Big Pike Lodge in the Northwest Territory of Canada.  The fishing for big pike was awesome !!!  Myself and my 3 friends caught 65 pike 41" (considered a master in Canada) and over -- with our biggest being 48" and numerous 46', 45", 44" and 43".  I personally caught 14 fish 41" and over with my biggest being 46". We also had many fish in the 38" to 40" inch
 
I have attached a few pictures to give you a flavor of the trip.  I have also included several pictures of the lodge which was very comfortable.
 
Greg Hochstette
 










 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fished the taltston river years ago with the late Ray Beck and once with Don.it was a great secret fishing spot, Then made the mistake of telling John Mich about it and the secret was out. Now over fished. Have since found a better spot with lots of 50" and will only take people sworn to secrecy with me

J. Mich said...

Mike Alteri you make me laugh and also shows how little you know about Pike fishing. First off Taltson has been written about in In-Fisherman since the 80's. Secondly youve been riding my coat tails since Edmond Lake in 1991. Thirdly you were part of a group to Taltson that actually killed the only trophy pike in the last 17 years for mounting purposes (48"). And lastly you must be missing some of your numbers on the measuring sticks you use now a days. Lots of 50's!?! Liar! Oh and one other thing....Steve Dusek brought you to Taltson trend setter. J. Mich